Sunday, August 5, 2007

a little rabbit

I hope you have fun crocheting this one, it's part of the Ami 2 pattern thingie, that I took out of the shop yesterday. I'll post the little bear with the balloon soon (there's a picture in my flickr set if you want to take a look).
Don't forget to leave a message if you have questions, and thank you *very much* for all the nice comments and e-mails :)
Ana

Muzzle:
R1- Ch 2, 5 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (10 sts)
R3- *1 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 5 times (15 sts)
R4- Sc 15, sl st in next sc, bind off, leaving long tail for sewing.
Embroider nose and mouth, set aside.

Head:
R1– Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (12 sts)
R3- *1 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
R4- *2 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (24 sts)
R5- *3 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (30 sts)
R6- *4 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (36 sts)
R7- *5 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (42 sts)
R8-19: Sc 42
R20- *Sc 5, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (36 sts)
R21- *Sc 4, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (30 sts)
R22- *Sc 4, dec 1*, repeat 5 times (25 sts)
Sew muzzle on head and position/embroider eyes.
R23- *Sc 3, dec 1*, repeat 5 times (20 sts)
Stuff head
R24- *Sc 2, dec 1*, repeat 5 times (15 sts), sl st in next sc, bind off and weave in loose end.

Body:
R1– Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (12 sts)
R3- *1 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
R4- *2 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (24 sts)
R5- *3 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (30 sts)
R6-16: Sc 30
R17- *3 sc, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (24 sts)
R18- *2 sc, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
R19- Sc 18, sl st in next sc, bind off, leaving long tail for sewing.
Stuff body and sew to head.

Arms:
R1– Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (12 sts)
R3-4: Sc 12
R5-9: Sc 12
Sl st in next sc, bind off leaving long tail for sewing, sew to body.

Legs:
R1– Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (12 sts)
R3-9: Sc 12
Sl st in next sc, bind off leaving long tail for sewing and sew to body.

Ears:
R1- Ch 2, 5 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (10 sts)
R3- *1 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 5 times (15 sts)
R4- Sc 15
Repeat R4 until length of ear is approx. 1.75 inches, sl st and bind off leaving long tail for sewing. Fold in half, sew bottom part together and sew to top of head.

Tail:
R1- Ch 2, 5 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (10 sts)
R3- *1 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 5 times (15 sts)
R4-6: Sc 15, sl st, bind off leaving long tail for sewing. Stuff and sew to body.

Carrot:
R1– Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (12 sts)
R3- *1 sc, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
R4-13: Sc 18
R14- *Sc 1, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (12 sts)
R15-17: Sc 12
Stuff
R18- *Sk 1 sc, sc 1*, repeat 6 times (6 sts), sl st, bind off, weave in loose end
Leaves:
*Chain 6, sc 5 starting at second chain from hook* repeat 3 times.
Bind off, leaving long tail for sewing, sew to top of carrot.

30 comments:

  1. oh my gosh! It is so nice of you to take you patterns and post them for free here. On the internet. I just wanted to say how nice it is of you to do this. Looking forward to more cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi !!! i just found amigurumi recently... and they are the cutest!!!! and your creations are superrrrrrrr kawaii!!! i'd really love to make some... i just started... it's going quite well.. but i used a downloaded pattern... i'd really love make my own patterns... could you give me an advice? please... you could e-mail me.. av_gail@yahoo.com... super thanks!!!

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your bunny, in fact I love all yor patterns. I really appreciate that you posted free patterns. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amei o coelhinho, vou tentar fazer. Já fiz um bonequinho redondo (bem fácil), um ursinho e um gato. Estou fazendo o segundo gato agora, porque eles são um amor. Estou apaixonada pelos amigurumis!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you all *very much*, don't forget to share some pictures when you finish one!
    more to come very soon, happy crocheting! :) ana

    ReplyDelete
  7. When is the bear pattern going to be posted?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ana,

    I feature your little rabbit on the stash bustin blog. We love your patterns over there. Stop by if you get a chance.

    Hanane

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these. They are great. I just started crocheting last winter. I am definitely going to try some of these for Christmas this year. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. thank you hanane, i'm going to check the site out right now!

    you're welcome jess :)
    let me know how they come out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pls do not let my little girl see this cute bunny !!!It is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi there, I love your patterns and have made a couple of them but I'm having trouble with the leaves for the carrot. If I follow them literally, I'm chaining 6, then working 5 single crochets in the 2nd chain from hook. Then I repeat, making another 6 chains, 5 sc in the 2nd chain, another 6 chains, etc. So I end up with what looks like a string of 4 chains, a leaf, 4 chains, another leaf, and 4 chains and another leaf. I can't see in the picture where the chain sections go. I tried making the leaves only in the original 6 chains, but that seems to make 3 blobs that don't look like leaves.

    Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I made the bunny and have already a lots of ideas. Thanks for the very detailed accurate descriptions, Ana!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cheezfri: you're not working 5 sc in the second chain from hook, but 5 sc in the next 5 ch :)
    so you'll end up with four 5-sc little "leaves". does it make more sense?
    -sorry i didn't write before, i just noticed there was a comment here-

    ReplyDelete
  15. hi... I'm serena, from italy..
    I take inspiration from this rabbit and i crocheted really cute little animals...
    your work is fantastic and your ami looks very happy!!!!
    I love the lion... how do you sew the mane?
    The head is always a "ball" or is worked in 2 half and before sewing you crochet the mane???
    thanks....
    if I succseed I'll post my ami's photos

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello, Love your work!I am new in amigurumi's world. I am wondering, how do you attach the head to the body when they are more sts in one end than the other? Do you attach first the arms and legs before stuffing the body?
    How many patterns are in your books? Are they the same as the ones you have at your etsy store?
    Thank you for taking the time and answering the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  17. what kind of yarn do you use to make these cute little animals. I am going to be having a grandson in June and these would be so cute in his room..

    Suer54@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. How difficult would you say this pattern is? I'm not entirely new to crocheting and knitting but new enough that I don't want to start this yet if I'm just going to frustrate myself for months, lol. Thank you for the lovely pattern though!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi!!! I just love your blog and this little bunny especially but I was wondering what size needle I should use.
    Thanks : )

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! This bunny is really quite adorable and I'll to give it a try even though I'm a beginner! I was just wondering, what materials did you use? which yarns, colors? What needle size etc?

    I was also wondering, how do you go about creating patterns, what's your method? I have a thing for pillow and creating design patterns is fairly easy, I just use graph paper, and it's worked well.

    Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you very much

    You have a very good description

    I've knitted rabbit in your way

    If you want to see

    http://www.yeteneklieller.com/2010/01/15/amigurumi-tavsan-yapimi/

    ReplyDelete
  22. has anyone else noticed how long the head is? your picture of the bunny is super cute! but i feel like mine has a really long head lol :[

    ReplyDelete
  23. Que lindo blog felicitaciones. Saludos desde Perú

    ReplyDelete
  24. What size eyes? 6mm, right?"

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi! Thank you so much for this free pattern! My brother and his girlfriend are having twins and i didnt know what kind of animal to make and this pattern is just so cute! I made one in yellow and white and the other in pink and white! They turned out great and the twin girls will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello,
    Just a little question, i'm dutch and i don't really understand what the abbreviations are.
    (ex.sl st in next sc)
    Could you help me?

    ReplyDelete
  27. OMG thank you so much for this pattern, this was my very first Amigurumi i ever made (well besides practice balls) the pattern was so easy to do and follow!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails