Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Little Stump

I'm taking this little stump pattern from the shop, so I'm sharing :)
It's nice to use it as a pincushion, or as a little seat for your tiny ami ;)
To make the little stump, moss and mushroom you will need:
Little amounts of worsted weight yarn in brown, white, red and green
Size F/5 (3.75 mm) crochet hook
Size E/4 (3.50 mm) crochet hook
Little pieces of white felt for mushroom spots
Fiberfill or stuffing of your choice
When I made it, the little stump’s diameter ended up being approx 3 inches, and the mushroom approx. 1.5 inches tall. Depending on your tension and the yarn you use, they might end up being a little bit smaller or a little bit bigger J

Abbreviations I use:
ch = chain
dc= double crochet
hdc = half double crochet (UK: half-treble crochet)
dec = decrease
R = round
sc = single crochet (UK: dc double crochet)
sk = skip
sl st = slip st (UK: sc single crochet)
st(s) = stitch(es)
* = repeat directions between * and * as many times as indicated

INSTRUCTIONS

LITTLE STUMP
Using the “F” hook and brown yarn
R1– Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (12 sts)
R3- *Sc 1, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
R4- *Sc 2, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (24 sts)
R5- *Sc 3, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (30 sts)
R6- *Sc 4, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (36 sts)
R7- *Sc 5, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (42 sts)
R8- Through back loops only:
*Sc 5, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (36 sts)
R9- *Sc 5, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (42 sts)
R10-11: Sc 42
R12- *Sc 6, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (48 sts)
R13-14: Sc 38
R15- *Sc 7, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (54 sts)
R16- Through back loops only:
*Sc 7, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (48 sts)
R17- *Sc 6, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (42 sts)
R18- *Sc 5, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (36 sts)
R19- *Sc 4, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (30 sts)
R20- *Sc 3, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (24 sts)
R21- *Sc 2, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
Stuff
R22- *Sc 1, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (12 sts)
R23- *Sk 1 sc, sc 1*, repeat 6 times (6 sts)
Bind off, weave in loose end.
MOSS
Using the “E” hook and green yarn
R1– Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 3 sc in each sc around (18 sts)
R3- 3 sc in each sc around (54 sts)
Bind off, weave in loose end and sew to stump.

MUSHROOM
Using the “E” hook and red yarn
R1– Ch 2, 6 sc in second chain from hook
R2- 2 sc in each sc around (12 sts)
R3- *Sc 1, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
R4- *Sc 2, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (24 sts)
R5-10: Sc 24
Cut out little round pieces of white felt and sew to mushroom
Change to white color yarn
R11- Through back loops only:
*Sc 2, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
R12- *Sc 1, dec 1*, repeat 6 times (12 sts)
R13- Sc 12
R14- *Sc 1, 2 sc in next sc*, repeat 6 times (18 sts)
R15-16: Sc 18
Push white part into the red part if you want the mushroom stubby, or leave it as is if you like it taller, stuff and sew to stump.

21 comments:

  1. Ooh, how nice of you! :) I must do the stump some day, but for the moment it will be put on the to-do list. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray!

    I just made your Little Pear, and now it's on to Baby Penguin and Her Mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love it thanks you thanks you thanks you !!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello! I just wanted to leave a comment and tell you how CUTE all your projects are!! I just ordered your book and its expected to come on monday- i'm so excited to get it! I just started up crocheting, and your patterns will be the first thing i crochet!

    thank you so much for sharing!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just completed a gang of jellyfish. Thanks for sharing such a sweet pattern. If you want to look at them their at: thekansashooker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just wanted to say 'hi' and I LOVE your stuff! I am learning crochet just so I can make cute things like this. I ordered your book this week. I can't wait to make some! Thanks for the patterns and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice of you to give us this pattern, will certainly try it out.

    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ms.Ana!I'm Cheri from the Philippines.I'm so happy that I came upon your Amigurumis,their so cute.My mom taught me how to crochet laces,but Amigurumis are more me.I hope to buy your book soon (got to save money first).Thanks for the wonderful patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ana,

    Just wanted to let you know that I've named you for the Arte y Pico award. You can read about it here:
    http://arteypico.blogspot.com/

    Cheers!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. woa!!! its real lovely
    So nice of you to give us this pattern
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ana, I bought your book and loooove it. and so do my kids every two weeks we sit down togather and the girls pick out the ami they want and I make it for them. it makes for a great family time. Thanks so much! Great Job. Mawchickkidie in Oklahoma

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi..love the mushrooms. cute..
    i'm adding a link to your page...:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you very much for this lovely site!!
    all the Amigurumis are so cute… and the patters very easy to follow, specially for a beginner like me.
    Tanks for giving us so many ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi!
    Greeting from Spain!
    Following your pattern I´ve done a little cactus!
    If you want to see it come to my blog: http://elrefugiodeladuda.blogspot.com/2008/08/aprendiendo-hacer-cosillas.html

    Thank you for your patterns!!!!
    Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is SOOO cute! I love your patterns, i have been teaching myself amigurumi style from your book! LOVE the lion daddy and cub the best! The little mushroom and stump are fantastic! Would go great with the hedgehog!
    THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  16. what does all that means in portuquese? ;_; LOL
    ^_^ thanks for the patterns.. i'm gonna get a dictionary ;_;

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your creations. I am currently making the elephant and owl from your book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your little creatures and things they are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i just bought you NEWEST BOOK at borders book store i am so excited i am making the UNICORN it is adorable!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just made the little stump to serve as a nest for the baby owl from amigurumi world. It looks so cute together :-) i started crotcheting a few weeks ago and it is so much fun to work on your patterns! I have the dutch version of your book, so it took some getting used to the english abbreviations, but after a while it just goes naturally. I think i will just buy your other books in english instead of waiting for them to be translated ;-) thank you so much for the patterns and keep up the great work!Lydia ( the netherlands)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails