Friday, June 11, 2010

in pain!

Last week I started to work out again after 3 million years. A new gym opened just next to AC Moore (how convenient) :) and I signed up. I love it because it's nice and cheap and only for women! That means I'll finally do some butt exercises that I was always too self conscious to do :D
Plus I won't have to listen to guys making annoying noises when they're lifting weights (what's up with that?!)
They also have classes, but I can't do those, I am way too uncoordinated. Everybody is smiling and clapping and going right while I'm confused and dizzy, not clapping, and going left!
I've only been there 3 times (I signed up this week), and while I really don't like working out, I'm happy to finally be doing something, I'm going to be 34 at the end of the month and I'm feeling it!

*** A pedido de Nahir (y perdona que me pelotudee), beso!
La semana pasada empece a hacer gimnasia de vuelta despues de 3 millones de años. Abrieron un gimnasio nuevo al ladito de AC Moore (una tienda de lana, que conveniente!) :) Me gusta porque es lindo y barato y solo para mujeres! Finalmente voy a poder hacer ejercicios para la cola que no hacia porque soy una boba y me daba verguenza :)
Ademas no me tengo que bancar los ruidos insoportables que hace los pibes cuando estan haciendo pesas (cual es con eso?!)
Tambien tienen clases pero yo no puedo porque tengo cero coordinacion. Todo el mundo sonrie y aplaude y va para la derecha mientras que yo estoy cofundida y mareada, sin aplaudir, y yendo para la izquierda!
Ya fui 3 veces (me anote esta semana), y aunque no me gusta ni ahi hacer ejercicio estoy contenta de finalmente estar haciendo algo, a fin de mes cumplo 34 y ya lo estoy sintiendo!

However, I'm going to stop going for a couple of days (hopefully only a couple of days). Yesterday morning I slipped and fell off the stairs on my butt and now I can't sit right :(  I spent all afternoon yesterday sitting on my side with a heat pad in my butt. It's really painful! Kind of funny if you think about it -Franco smiles every time he reheats the pad, and I can tell he's trying to hold a big laugh :D
So Uruguay is playing its first World Cup game today at 2pm, I'll be watching it in this awkward position, with my heat pad and all. I hope we do good!

*** Igual ahora voy a tener que parar por unos dias (espero que solo unos pocos dias). Ayer de mañana me resbale y me cai de la escalera de cola y ahora no me puedo sentar bien :(  Ayer me pase toda la tarde sentada de costado y con coso caliente (se puede poner en el microondas) en la cola. Duele horrible!  Imaginense que imagen mas simpatica (...), Franco se sonrie cada vez que me trae el pad y se le nota a la legua que se esta aguantando la risa :D
Asi que hoy el primer partido de Uruguay en el mundial lo vere asi, de costado, o con la cola para arriba. Espero que juguemos bien!

Thank you, as always, for the nice comments and for liking the bear. THANK YOU :)
Don't fall! ;)

*** Muchas muchas gracias, como siempre, por los comentarios tan adorados y por gustarles el osito. GRACIAS :)
No se caigan! ;)

19 comments:

  1. Ana-when can you do a demo at your nearby A.C. Moore? Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your fall. Good for you for signing up. I loved your bear he is adorable! Hope you feel better. First to post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ayy me encanta tu blog y las cosas preciosas que hacés. Mi único pedido es una traducción de los post... el google translate hace su esfuerzo pero no es lo mismo!
    Besos desde Bs As, Argentina
    PD: hoy hincho por Uruguay!
    Nahir

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you are in pain. I've been there, girl!! I'm glad you decided to sign up for the gym. It's a great way to release any stress, to keep us healthy and to meet wonderful people. I wish you were closer to me. I would drag you to one of my zumba classes and make you feel comfortable even when you think you are not coordinated at all :-) I think we all start like that and, eventually, we get the steps or just go with the flow. It's a lot of fun!!! We have over 100 people in our zumba classes. It's insane! But, it keeps us all young and happy! :-) I'm turning 40 this year and I feel like I'm 20 :-)
    Tu osito esta precioso!!! Suerte para Uruguay!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @BeyondStiches
    The zumba class looks fun, but I think I would end up in the floor!
    I wish I had someone to work out with, I know the "novelty" will run off soon and I'll have to drag myself there!
    Thank you for writing :)
    hug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous
    pronto! a veces no se si lee gente en español y me pelotudeo :(
    vamo'arriba Uruguay! -a ver que hacemos si nos toca jugar contra Argentina :D
    Besote Nahir, gracias por pasar :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Anonymous
    thank you :)
    i can't wait to feel better, this really sucks :(
    thank you for stopping by, hug!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ana
    ojala que el dolor pase luego y que le vaya muy bien a tu selección.

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Robin Beam
    Hi Robin, I've been meaning to do something at my AC Moore -isn't it cute I call it "my" A.C. Moore? ;) but with the book craziness and all I lost touch with AC Moore lady that organizes that kind of stuff. I'll e-mail her and let you guys know :)
    Thank you for writing!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yo estoy intentando bajar de peso y hace unos meses empecé a caminar 3 veces por semana, una hora. Por ahora vengo bastante bien, espero tener constancia.
    También espero que te mejores pronto. ¿Entendí mal o se viene tu tercer libro? Un amigo que vive en Nueva York me trajo los dos primeros y me encantaron. Hice unos cuantos de tus gumis. En su próximo viaje le encargo el tercero.
    Buen fin de semana.
    Flavia
    http://puntoperdido.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Que te mejores!!
    Por favor quisiera saber si hay alguna manera, si dispones de ejemplares de tus libros me encantaría comprarlos, es que desde amazon tardan muchisimo y como somos países vecinos seria mucho mas fácil! Gracias!
    pocochis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hopping you're feeling better!
    next game will be a tuff one, good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just bought your Amigurumi Two. So excited to try out the patterns (especially the turtle family) and to find you online!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gracias Ana Paula!! es otra cosa leer así... Mucha gente te lee, de hecho encuentro tu link desde paginas en castellano. Espero que te mejores pronto del golpe, yo deberia seguir tu camino y ponerme a hacer ejercicio pero con este frio da fiaca.
    Exitos en el 3er libro!
    Ah! y mientras la copa quede en Sudamerica a mi me alcanza!!
    Besos, Nahir

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're amigurumis are super cute! The bear is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. good luck with your working out endeavors! my husband and i are going through the same pains of stretching long un-used muscles. i also wanted to thank you for writing your first book (amigurumi world) because that is what brought me into making my own amis! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hola Ana Paula, Espero que te recuperes pronto de la caida :S y que la celeste siga adelante!!! Beso ;)
    laura desde las pampas Argentinas

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hola Ana Paula,
    mi nombre es Cecilia, soy Uruguaya y amiga de Ale Rimoli ella me pasó tu blog, he visto las cosas que haces, super lindo todo, realmente yo no consigo hacer crochet, he intentado y no sale nada, pero me encanta todo lo que es manualidad en general sobre todo la costura, tengo mi blog y tienda de Etsy donde vendo patterns, por ahora solo patterns ya que bueno por este lado del mundo vender cosas hechas por internet no es tan sencillo.

    Fuerza con el gym! Yo también lo detesto pero bueno... lamentablemente se hace necesario a veces!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails